Sample Resume For "Yard Supervisor"
YARD SUPERVISOR, 11/2010 - PRESENT
Supervise coordinates activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping equipment, materials, and supplies, like machinery, lumber, chemicals, fuel oils, scrap iron, and ore concentrate
Weigh railroad cars trucks containing shipments and verifies shipments against delivery records
Inspect incoming shipments, notifies freight agent of damages and compiles claim reports
Inform railroad crews of spotting site for incoming cars
Perform other duties as described under Supervisor any industry Master Title.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years of working experience as Yard Supervisor
- Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Talk to others to convey information effectively
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Manage own time and the time of others
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, organization rules, and the democratic political process
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences